In late 2007 the client had multiple locations and was a growing gourmet shop with outdated technology that had scarcely been updated. With an established vision of increasing operational efficiencies, and quality of processed and non processed food, the client wanted to develop a web application to serve the quality needs of the continuously changing and moving lives of the hungry Canadians and also act as collaborative tool for head office, branch office and franchisees.
Restaurant – Franchisee, order and Customer Management System
Key challenges included :
- The client’s annual closing cycle usually took about a month to complete and before closing out each month, all reports had to be saved into files for review.
- All of client’s systems from purchasing to receiving payments were manual.
- To make things worse, only one person in the company knew how to fix the DOS system when it went down, and he only worked three days a week
- Lack of real time reporting for all franchisees and self owned outlets.
- Client motivation was missing as the client had to call in and ask for the menu.
- Order and customer tracking was a challenge and was resulting in lost regular customers.
Technologies Used :
- ASP 3.0
- VBScript as scripting
- HTML, CSS
- MS SQL Server 2000
- Visual Studio 6.0