About the Client
The Client is a Canada-based gourmet marketplace, that serves fresh produce, deli items, grocery items, and freshly prepared takeout food. Offering a European atmosphere, the client has sophisticated operational systems, and high-quality standards are committed to a fast and friendly service and is an attractive choice for Canadians.
In late 2007 the client had multiple locations and was a growing gourmet shop with outdated technology that had scarcely been updated.
With an established vision of increasing operational efficiencies and quality of processed and non-processed food, the client wanted to develop a web application to serve the quality needs of the continuously changing and moving lives of hungry Canadians and also act as a collaborative tool for the head office, branch office, and franchisees.
- The client’s annual closing cycle usually took about a month to complete and before closing out each month, all reports had to be saved into files for review.
- All of the client’s systems from purchasing to receiving payments were manual.
- To make things worse, only one person in the company knew how to fix the DOS system when it went down, and he only worked three days a week. • Lack of real-time reporting for all franchisees and self-owned outlets.
- Client motivation was missing as the client had to call in and ask for the menu.
- Order and customer tracking was a challenge and was resulting in lost regular customers.
Based on the project specifications, 3 resources were deployed on the development for a period of 7 months including a team leader and 2 developers.
The application was developed using the following technologies:
- Active Server Pages (ASP 3.0)
- VB Script as a scripting language
- SQL server 2000 as RDBMS
Our basic customer and order management system was running on DOS and Excel spreadsheets. Because of the unreliable and ever-changing information in the system, everything had to be checked and rechecked before distribution could take place. The Difference between the old and the new system is night and day. Thanks you iBoss for all the supporRestaurant Consultant
- A stunning front-end site design that suits the European eye
- Easy Customer management, order management, loyalty management, and points appraisal
- Site Hierarchy and rights management
- Content Management
- Tracking of orders in real-time
- Back office management including invoicing, reconciliation, fast-moving items, customer loyalty, Business Intelligence dashboard, loyalty management
- ASP 3.0
- VBScript as scripting
- MS SQL Server
- Visual Studio