About the Client
The client is an India-based organization and is the leading provider of financial services including but not limited to payroll management, PF management, end-to-end back office management, administrative support, building up ODCs, and resources outsourcing support.
The client wanted to develop an internet based fully automated Payroll Management System on Web 2.0 standard. The key performance indicators included security, accuracy, speed, and simplified user interface and navigation flow. Although many payroll products were available in the market, however, none of them was offering the ease of processing the salary of all employees through a single screen and as fast as we wanted, to save on our resource time.
- Too many excel sheets with too many formulas, each month, each year, and sometimes, each week. No centralization.
- Complex rules and regulations in India require chartered accountants to provide extensive expertise over various payroll issues.
The application was developed using the following technologies:
- JBoss as an application server and Apache as a web server
- Apache Struts (web application framework) for developing the J2EE application
- Hibernate (Middle-Tier), as a solution for object-relational-mapping
- PostgreSQL RDBMS is an open-source database
We chose iBoss out of 20 to develop ourcomplex payroll system, which required a highdegree of domain knowledge and expertiseon the latest J2EE technology. They have risenabove our expectations and helped us with a smooth transition to the new system andhave continued to add value into our productand are always there when we need them.
- Centralized Payroll, which can be accessed fromany platform from across the world.Increased productivity; payroll engine isprocessing 100 pay slips on an average of 1minute.
- A user interface that is easy.
- The solution is on open source technology; No licenses.
- Security at its best; A highly secured applicationwith an encrypted database
Tools & Technologies
- Netbeans IDE