About the Client
The client provides a number of high-quality Finance & Insurance products in the US market primarily used in the automotive and other motor vehicle industries (such as the RV/trailer, marine, and power sports). These include, but are not limited to, theft protection, debt cancellation, road hazard protection, excess wear and tear protection, and vehicle component identification.
The physical presence of paper forms took up a lot of space, which would have otherwise been used for more productive activity. The security and reliability of the paper data were also a growing concern. Managing, storing, and sharing unsystematic data entered using different excel sheets was another cumbersome activity.
To meet the challenges client wanted to develop an application that can automate the data entry processes of concurrent users with dual monitors. iBoss was chosen as a service provider to develop the system and was provided with a high-level business requirements document that detailed the high-level business goals of the application.
- Application to support and allocate forms automatically to 80 concurrent uses at any given point in time.
- The application has to allocate different format forms with different fields and categories to the specified users in a group.
- Real-time QC process and data validation to be implemented.
There is nothing much to say about iBoss, than the fact that they have been a part of our success story. We have been able to revise our warranty delivery schedules, saving them days and in some cases, weeks, increasing our customer’s trust with usCHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
The application was developed using the following technologies:
- Tomcat as web and application server and Apache Struts as J2EE components
- Hibernate (Middle-Tier), as a solution for object-relational mapping and persistence
- PostgreSQL RDBMS is an open-source database
- Absolute accuracy and quick reference is possible to the records processed whenever required with the help of web services and data type restrictions.
- The multi-Threaded online module enabled the company to implement a centralized system that can process as many forms as they want, on any given day, categorized by any data field, by a click of a button.
- QC tool for a manager to check random forms for quality and reallocation of bad forms in real-time.
- Automated allocation of scanned forms to the agents helped increase operational efficiencies.